Thursday, August 02, 2007

Happy Birthday


Today is my birthday, I am now 40 years old. I sit here at my desk, eatting a breakfast of Ramen noodles (I know-gross but it's my birthday, I forgot breakfast and it was the only thing in the vending machine I could eat) contemplating what being 40 means. I always thought that this would be a landmark birthday, doves would be released and planes would fly over head sky-writing "Happy Birthday" -well not not really but it would be a fun thing to do for a someone. I don't feel old, aside from some minor back pain this morning, I feel fit as a fiddle. I did however start smoking again which will stop shortly.
So, back to my original question...what does it mean to be 40? I've reached a point in my life where "what you see is what you get". In other words, I'm not gonna be anything but myself-accept me as I am-bottom line. I haven't got the time or the patience for those head games little kittens play. I've made many mistakes and done a few things to people that I love and respect, things that I regret. I am not evil, I'm human and prone to random acts of stupidity. I am a good, kind, intelligent woman who over the years has been blessed with a loving family and good friends. (This is not germain to the topic but I thought I'd throw it out there-I could really use a piece of sugar free brithday cake lol). I no longer believe that age has any relevancy to anything...the magic, is...it's all your state of mind.

So I send a shout out of Thanks to all the Happy Birthday wishes!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sheri said...

...Erm...I am sorry I forgot it was your birthday. However, I feel I should be forgiven. You've always kept it a secret from me. Much like you still think I am 28 years old. (you're off by 9 years, I really am 21 :oP)

So, here goes, I should sound much better. I've been taking singing lessons.

*ahem*

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday my dear Bea,
Happy birthday to you.

Luv you very much.

Sheri

Fri Aug 03, 10:04:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Sheri said...

By the way, check your hotmail account.

;o)

Fri Aug 03, 10:24:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Bea said...

((((SHER))))))) thank you! Yes you will always be 29 to me!!!! Luva ya hon!!!

Sat Aug 04, 02:02:00 PM 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed your b-day :(

I feel horrible, but I hope it was wonderfull. Hmmm there was something about 40... what was it?????

Mon Aug 13, 12:10:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home