Sunday, May 08, 2005

Gratitude for Moms

Today is Mother's Day, a day to celebrate love, affection and thanksgiving to the woman who brought us all into this world. My mother died a week before this day of remberance when she was 51 years old. It was a long time ago and I cannot forget the day she left us. I am humbled by her sacrifices and the love that she unconditionally gave to me and my sisters while she was alive. She endured 15 years of physical and mental abuse from my father and I wonder, to this day how she managed to survive it. Her strength and courage are shining beacons to me when I experience dark times. I feel honored to have such a strong influence in my life. Without her "Momilies" (akin to homilies) I would not be the person that I am today. Thank you Mom, for the love, laughter and warmth of your soul. I miss you and have thought of you every day since you died. Happy Mother's Day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

That's beautiful hun. Mother's are definitely beautiful people. My mom is having a bit of a hard time today since this is her first mother's day without her own mother here. But My brother and I took her out for a grat brunch, and pampered her hehe. I also got her a great statue for her garden, and my dad got her a new pond for her serenity/meditation garden. She's thrilled.

I also agree that mother's are beacons of hope and light. My mom is like my best friend. Sure we get annoyed with one another at times, but I'd be lost without her. She's my shoulder to cry on, my confident when something's really bothering me, and she's my giggle buddy too. Through good times and bad, she's always there. And for that I love her.

Sara

Sun May 08, 09:17:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home