Thursday, February 09, 2006

Beware! - Not For The Guys

Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary defines prank as:
Pronunciation: 'pra[ng]k
Function: noun a mildly mischievous act : a ludicrous act

It rained men today but it was an unusual shower indeed. Yesterday, before departing the office, my boss CC and I were goofing around. Giddy with relief that the day was finally over we happily chatted in her office. Our girly talk was interrupted by The Saint (because he's got big teeth like Val Kilmer and it was the only thing I could think of at the time) who stopped by to drop off some paperwork. CC commented that he looked particularly fetching due to his heavy beard stubble-we began calling him Mister Five O'Clock much to his chagrin. CC and The Saint have known each other for over 10 years and constantly banter with each other. We then gushed about famous sexy five o'clocks that were our favs. He took it like a trooper and scampered out of her office before the estrogen level became unbearable.

8:00 am, I noticed the office was rather quiet but nothing out of the ordinary. Thursdays and Fridays are casual days for the staff and often the day starts later for them than it does for me. Not a huge deal. I make my tea enjoying the silence before the deluge of phone calls, "can you do this please...", copier jams and paper cuts. I stroll back to my desk having an International-Foods-Instant-Coffee-Flavor-of the-World-moment, mmmmmm tea's mighty fine, look down at the pile o'stuff I need to complete, glance up, Chowda's sporting a rather scruffy face this morning. Hmmmm interesting, go back to sorting Bea's stack.

Door bell rings, I buzz Miguel in-he's looking a bit unkempt in a manly man sorta way and for some reason keeps hovering around my desk asking me goofy questions and presents me with a bacon egg and cheese biscuit. "Your thursday morning breakfast surprise." he says

Grover strolls by an hour later and asks for an LCD projector. I'm stunned and don't quite know what to say to him. Normally he's clean shaven and Mister G.Q. today he's a dead ringer for Grizly Adams, minus the long flowing 70's Flower Child locks.

Lenny (Of Mice and Men-he's not too bright, but with a heart of pure gold-neither is this guy) comes in looking like a Cave-Man-Wanna-Be. I was amazed he wasn't dragging his wife around by her hair and carrying a wooden club.

Dave-a-reeno comes up and and asks for batteries looking all kinds of out doorsey. He left and I was sorely tempeted to bang my head against my desk...what was up with the guys and the unshaven thing?!!

Shewbie, studliest of the studlies, saunters up to my desk and I nearly drop the phone. His jawline rivals George Clooney's on a sleepy sunday afternoon. He stares at me, merry glint in his eye. It dawns on me that I've been had. The bastards! Getting together like a bunch of ladies at a sewing circle having a good gossip. They all decided to get one over on me and CC but they didn't know she was having an out of building experience so I got the brunt of their plot.

The Saint finally came clean and told me that he called all of his guys and asked them to come in unshaven. I laughed so hard I cried. CC was rather upset that she missed the five o'clock fun.

11 Comments:

Blogger trueborn said...

Ah yes the beard.
One of the things that every man should do at least once. The other is to grow out their hair...
Why?
Because then you understand why women preen. You understand why it's important to be well kept.

I was forced to grow my beard out once in college (swim team) I was not allowed to trim it. Couple that with my chlorine decimated hair and I looked like I lived under a bridge.

I grew a goatee over Christmas and almost all of the girls in my class loved it.
"You look rugged in a sexy sort of way."
Boy did I beam when I hesrd that.

Thu Feb 09, 05:42:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Bea said...

LOL True, I'll tell you a Sisterhood Secret...women don't preen...they drool, bang their heads against computer keyboards and generally behave like savages. Cologne Mondays are the worst I have to admit...it's my least productive day! LOL

Thu Feb 09, 06:00:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Bea for filling me on the complete story. Now if Mr Hot VP in my office did that I wouldn't be able to do a thing. I already have enough trouble walking into his office and he looks up at me with his 'look'. It's pure masculinity(sp) my knees go weak.

True, it's nice to meet you. :o) With or without the goatee

Thu Feb 09, 08:37:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Bea said...

LOL I'm glad you enjoyed my folly at work Sher. True, meet Sher, Sher meet True. Gosh how long have I known you Sher?

Thu Feb 09, 10:30:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bea,

We met in July of 2000 online and then in person a month later in Buffalo, NY

You thought I was 28 then (which I wasn't) and still think I am now. *snort* Not that I mind these days!

Thu Feb 09, 10:39:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Bea said...

LOL Sher you will always be eternally 28 to me!!! Gosh has it been that long??

Fri Feb 10, 08:09:00 AM 2006  
Blogger trueborn said...

Hi Sher.
Didn't shave today for the ladies, only problem is that it always makes my jaw look huge.

Fri Feb 10, 03:26:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Bea said...

LMAO...oh True...you've got er, um, a rather big jaw today? Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Fri Feb 10, 03:43:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello True.

That was so thoughtful of you. However, I don't believe you when you say that. You previously stated that you grew a goatee and the ladies in your class liked it. I am going to believe you look ruggedly handsome!

Sheri

PS Bea, I was thinking the same thing when I read the huge jaw line *smile*

Fri Feb 10, 08:31:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Sara said...

What's this, I missed the ruggedly sexy manly facial hair discussion?!?! Is it too late to add my two cents?? Like, the fact that Matt (my hunny, as bea and sher know) looks very sexy with his 5 o'clock...which is a blessing because the second he shaves it's there lol.

Fri Feb 10, 11:59:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Bea said...

LOLOL Oh Sara, honey, catch up darlin'!!!!! Don'tcha see True over there with his Big Jaw? Sorry True, couldn't resist a little gentle ribbing there. Sooooo Miss Sara, Sir Loin of Beef sports a pretty dapper 5 o'clock does he? I'm not sure why but I am delighted for you sug. ; )

Sat Feb 11, 01:17:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home