Tuesday, February 28, 2006

My What a large drill you have....


Went to the dentist's office today for the first time since June of 1985. That's when my Dad cancelled my health and dental insurance. I've never been able to afford it before, now I can. I have been in a bit of pain recently. I thought I'd cracked a tooth-not so says Dr. Foxy Dental, I've just worn away the enamel. OK I'm in pain, am feeling horrid because I'm drooling (not by choice mind you-the righteous dude numbed my lip so he could drill me baby-hehehehe I break myself up sometimes LMAO) in front of Dr Studd Muffin with the dental MD behind his name. I vainly try to control my fear as I see grainy bits that used to be my teeth fly out of my mouth. Then the big NO NO occurs-I gleek (sometimes when you open your mouth those little droplets of saliva that fly out on a whim) right up onto his oh-so-cool-Ray Ban-tinted-plastic-Dr-eye cover thingies. Now I realize that being a dentist the man is probably gleeked upon quite a bit, I feel certain it doesn't phase him in the least. I however, am not accustomed to gleeking on complete strangers and want to run screaming from the office-doesn't happen though. I sit patiently staring up his nostrils, yes this is exactly how I want to spend my lunch hour. Although I'm sure my view was far better than his. We finish our afternoon interlude and I'm told that I need to make a few more apointments-yes-a few. Dr Foxy Dental will have to clean me up in two sessions. I'm at work now with a numb lip that makes me sound like Mush Mouth from Fat Albert's gang. Lesson to all those readers out there-GET YOUR TEETH CLEANED EVERY YEAR-do not follow my lead-Bad Bea Bad Bea!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I sympathize....except, I go to the dentist on a regular basis. It doesn't seem to matter how often I go, or how anal I am about my teeth, it always costs me tons of money. I spent almost $1000 back in August. I wasn't impressed. Matt says he's never seen someone as anal about cleaning their teeth as me, but apparently it doesn't make a difference lol. I'm thinking I'll just stop caring?? Maybe dentures is the answer lol.

Wed Mar 01, 06:14:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Bea said...

lol I'm glad you're so anal about your teeth lol Just say NO to dentures lol your far too young for that lol No none should have to gum their food before the age of 30 lol

Wed Mar 01, 08:49:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Sara said...

HA HA HA HA...

Oddly enough my uncle ted has been living without teeth for over 10 years. He can chew steak with his gums lol. It sounds very hick-y, but he's just never been able to afford them. And now the Dentist says there's no point. The dentures would just do more damage than good. *shrugs* Whatever works, right?

Wed Mar 01, 10:51:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home