Monday, June 12, 2006

Cake

Yes, I'm having a challenging day. I trundled in to work, sipped my tea, opened my trusty Yahoo account and accidently hit the wrong friggin' button-opening an e mail that should never have been opened. I know better than this and I spent the better portion of the day contacting friends from my 3 other e mail accounts begging them not to open anything that they received from me today. My baby sister sent this to me at my work e mail addy and initially I wanted to smack her for sending it because I'm in a foul, foul mood; I reconsidered, knowing that she sent it with the best intentions and a good heart...now I feel compelled to share this with you to get rid of the Grinchy vibe I have...



CAKE



Sometimes we wonder, "What did I do to deserve this?" or "Why did this
have to happen to me?" Here is a possible answer.

A daughter is telling her Mother how everything is going wrong, she's
failing algebra, her boyfriend broke up with her and her best friend
is moving away. Meanwhile, her Mother is baking a cake and asks her
daughter if she would like a snack, and the daughter says, "Absolutely
Mom, I love your cake."

"Here, have some cooking oil," her Mother offers.
"Yuck" says her daughter.

"How about a couple raw eggs?"
"Gross, Mom!"

"Would you like some flour then? Or maybe baking soda?"
"Mom, those are all yucky!"

To which the mother replies: "Yes, all those things seem bad all by
themselves. But when they are put together in a certain order, they make
a delicious cake.

Life works the same way. Many times we wonder why we are put through such bad and difficult times. But these things are all part of a higher plan. We just have to trust and eventually, they will all make something wonderful.



Um OK, now where's my damned cake?

14 Comments:

Blogger Bea said...

Yeah it's been a day all about the Good, the Bad and the Ugly lol I'm trying to work the positive angle lol

Mon Jun 12, 04:44:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Virenda said...

Um k I want some cake. I looked at the picture and couldn't get past it. The moral? Eat cake.

Mon Jun 12, 04:59:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Bea said...

*giggle* thanks I needed that Vi!

Mon Jun 12, 05:11:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Bea said...

LOL I'll see what I can do 'bout gettin' some grub for y'all ; )

Mon Jun 12, 10:11:00 PM 2006  
Blogger bslawg said...

CAKE!!! Oh yea, that was a (CAKE) fabulous (CAKE) proverb. It really (CAKE) moved me in a very (CAKE) personal (CAKE) way.

I'm craving something...but I can't quite figure out what.

Mon Jun 12, 11:59:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Bea said...

Law Girl LMAO!!!! hmmmm might be CAKE??!!

Tue Jun 13, 07:10:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Bea said...

Ya know all this talk of cake has got me thinking...which do y'all prefer-the cake or the icing ; )

Tue Jun 13, 10:54:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Bea said...

See I'm torn...the icing can be nice but what if there's rotten stuff beneath it? Then the cake would be the better choice-right??????????

Tue Jun 13, 11:23:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Bea said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW Ice cream cake is my fav!!!!! Now I'm salivating.

Tue Jun 13, 11:46:00 AM 2006  
Blogger bslawg said...

You two are KILLING me!!! Now I want cake AND ice cream. What's next? Pie? Brownies? Damn PMS.

Tue Jun 13, 12:21:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Bea said...

OMG BROWINES----don't even get me started!!!! LMFO

Tue Jun 13, 12:42:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Bea said...

hot fudge sundaes..yep, it's that kind of a say...oh..oh...oh with a hot brownie on the bottom of it mmmmmmmmm

Tue Jun 13, 01:10:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Bea said...

MWHAHAHAHA LMFO NO YOU DIDN'T???!!!!!! I am sooo jealous!!!!

Tue Jun 13, 02:33:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Bea said...

(smiles) of course you can get yours sugar free lol you just need to find a chickie who can bake lol I think most men are better grillers anyway : )

Tue Jun 13, 07:08:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home