Thursday, May 24, 2012

My Favorite Things

For some reason I can't get the song "A Few of my Favorite Things" out of my head so I thought I would do a list of my own: Violets and Mums are my fav flowers; Love to hear my nieces and nephews laughing; Love my crazy gato, especialy when he flops at my feet; Love my family very much; Music, music and more music (La Boheme-Musetta's Waltz...it's timeless...a woman complaining about her shoes??!!); every Stephen King book ever written (The Stand and the Dark Tower books are at the top of the list); Jane Austen; my friend Aileen's enchilladas; Lord of the Rings and of course The Hobbit; cheese; watermelon; cucumber sandwiches made by my aunt; My Man Godfrey (not the one with June Allison and David Niven-Allison is just shrill in it); Pan's Labryinth (like all of del Torro's work- his DP does wonderful things with color); The Watchmen both the graphic novel and the movie; Downey fabric softener-when I was a kid we didn't have $$$ for toys and we used to play with the plastic bottles; Shelbyville, Indiana...loved playing in the pastures, running in the fields and making houses out of snow drifts it was the coolest place to grow up sorry that we had to leave; Battlestar Galactica...Eddie Olmos has a wonderful voice; Turkey Hill Sugar Free Dutch Chocolate ice cream; making bread and cooking in general (would've liked to try beef wellington but I don't eat beef anymore); washing dishes...it's theraputic; people watching at airports...fascinating what people do; my grandmother's shoefly pie...sadly the recipe died with her; favorite memory, swimming with the dolphins with my niece and nephew; riding roller coasters with Mary; playing in the pool and paddling the boat around the pond in the mountains

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home