Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The Big Question

My goodness it's been a while since I last posted. Will make attempts to do better and keep things up to speed. I had a lovely Thanksgiving with my sister and brother in law in the Catskills, it was nice to watch the snow while we prepped the meal. We received a foot and a half of the frozen, powdery stuff. Nothing like making snow angels with my niece and nephew in 19 F weather, I couldn't feel my legs by the end of the day. One of the highlights of the trip, my sister bought little boots for the dog because he doesn't have a thick coat and all he does is run like a fiend up there. She was aiming to protect his paws from frostbite although once she slid them on, he pinwheeled his paws around like he was doing some funky doggie dance. Laughed so hard I cried. "Dogs On Acid" echoed through my brain and it took several minutes of non stop laughing coupled with a massive head rush to get myself back under control.

With the holiday season in full swing I'm having pangs of loneliness. It would be so nice to come home from work and have someone to talk to, or go to the movies with or cook for. I'm not talking instant relationship but having someone to hang with would be very nice indeed. Lately I've been thinking about joining an online dating community. I know it sounds pretty lame but I'm not terribly good at meeting people, I'm the one at the party that blends effortlessly into the backround. I've always thought of myself as rather dull so it's difficult to work up the courage to meet people. I must admit that my previous relationship forays have been extraordinarily horrifying, so there is some trepidation there. I stumble through life with those rose colored glasses and am sometimes blinded by that lovely pink light. I'm leaning toward doing the computer analysis thing. It might help if I had outside help. It's so difficult to be objective, I mean seriously-who the frig can condense their life into several paragraphs and feel that it's a good representation? I've never been a big Pub Chick (for reasons that I shall not disclose). I've always thought that hanging out in a bar to meet highly intoxicated people was not the best place to actually know someone. It's so one sided-you only get to see them when they're solidly wasted, which after a while becomes very dull indeed. Besides I don't want to hang with a Boozehound, I'd rather hang with someone who is witty and intelligent rather than the poster boy for Jack Daniels. I haven't made my final decision as to what to do. We'll see what happens.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

an idea - i belong to a website called www.okcupid.com. its completely free and lots of fun. one of the goals can be finding someone to date, etc. but it also matches to friends and its a blast. you take a series of questions, at your leisure that heightens your match percentage. you also have the opportunity to take all kinds of goofy personality tests and such. a bunch of my friends are on it and its just a good time. because its free and doesn't take itself too seriously, it might be a good way to enter the world of online dating without full-scale going for it. might be worth checking out for fun anyway.
let me know if you decide to do it - i'll send you my screenname.

s

Tue Dec 06, 02:09:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Bea said...

Thanks s, I'll give it a shot.

Tue Dec 06, 02:17:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Bea said...

OK S have taken the plunge am now an OK Cupid chick. LETS GET READY TO RUUUMMBBBBLLLLEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 06, 04:30:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home