Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Contest


I am in the process of adopting a retired racing greyhound. Thought it might be comforting to have a friendly face greeting me when I get home and it would be nice to have a walking companion. Greyhounds are called "45 mph couch potatoes", they're really mellow creatures. Not prone to barking or serious shedding (their coats are quite thin) they make the ideal apartment dog with one exception. They don't do stairs. It makes sense, these dogs live in crates and on tracks. So I'll have to train my new buddy on the joys of stair navigation. I go this weekend to greet the newest addition to my humble abode. Don't know if it will be male or female, don't really care, just wanted to save a life.

The contest: I call upon you-yes YOU-lurkers and Bloggies! Help me pick a name for my new buddy. I don't relish the thought of coming home to King Fleet Feet Mamma Needs A New Pair of Shoes every night. Creativity is a plus and Muffin is not an option.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Mojo, Capricorn, Pupperoni hehehehe, Shylock, Tucker, Bismarck, Broadway, Caboodle, Cadbury, Cagney....lol I'm sure I can come up with more. I have a lot of other name ideas but they're more like scotty-dog or terrier names. I'll keep thinking :o)

Thu Mar 02, 07:23:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Sara said...

Matt's contribution: Seymour, Jimmy, Cinder, Salvatore, Samson, Karma....

Thu Mar 02, 07:26:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Bea said...

LMAO !!!!!!!!!!! I'm lovin' Pupperoni and Seymour-those are fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks guys, I sincerely appreciate it.

Thu Mar 02, 08:43:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home