Wednesday, March 29, 2006



For the past three days I have bolted from a sound sleep at 1:54 am. Nightmares. I've drifted back to the land of Nod between 4 and 5 am, needless to say, I'm exhausted. This morning I remembered fragments of the dream; burning trash cans, a locomotive puffing and churning across darkened skies, fighting something and calling out, asking what I was battling. I became frustrated because the ending eluded me. I finally got it this morning. A woman (in the dream-not standing next to my bed which would've freaked me out further) I didn't recognize answered my question by handing me a small crumpled piece of paper with the following:

T
H
E

D
E
V
I
L

It scared the piss out of me.
Do I believe that somehow overnight I've been transformed into John Constantine?
No.
Am I a deeply religious person?
No. Personally I do not wish to take part in organized religion however, I am spiritual and I respect others religious choices.
Have I been watching a lot of demonesque movies?
No that was last month lol.
Am I losing my mind?
No, I'm tired and don't think I'm possessed although there are some who might argue that point lol.
My boss CC thinks it's withdrawl from quitting smoking. She then corrected herself by saying maybe she was confusing nicotene(sp?) with LSD. This was not a comfort to me lol.

Dreams are symbolic so the crux of the matter is- WTF does all this mean? Obviously there's something going on. There are times when I've had dreams that do actually take place and it's an erie feeling. I seriously don't think this one will happen (perhaps the 4 horsemen are saddling their mounts? lol sooooo doubt that) but it haunts me. I've been under a ton of stress at work and have been spending quite a few hours devoted to Operation "Free Bea" so I can rise like a phoenix from the ashes. Re-invention is not easy lol. Right now I just want a decent night's sleep.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sheri said...

When I quit smoking, I had wicked, crazy dreams as well. I think it's from the withdrawal of the nicotine (sp) Then I would have dreams about people smoking, not me smoking, other people.

I hope that you're able to at least get some sleep and kudos for quitting.

Sheri

Wed Mar 29, 11:47:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Bea said...

Thanks Sheri lol hopefully the weird dreams will end soon.

Thu Mar 30, 08:34:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home