Sunday, February 11, 2007

Uber Geekdom


Last night, for some inexplicable reason I went into M. Night Shyamalan mode and watched "The Village" and "Lady in the Water". I am probably the only person on the planet who liked "Lady in the Water"-bottom line-I found it charming. Was it the best crafted script-no-neither was Rocky, yet that took best film. I did not expect it to be the 6th Sense or Unbreakable or Signs...it was a kid movie for adults with overactive imaginations. I howled-at the demise of the film critic character-truly one of the funniest things I've ever seen. If you enjoy his films then by all means go rent this one and get lost in the fun.

"The Village" -always a treat to hear the rhythmic language he's scripted and looking at Mister Phoenix is not a bad way to spend an evening.

After that I watched "Crank" and "DaVinci Code"

"Crank" stars the lovely, yummie and totally delish Jason Statham. Dark humor but fun nonetheless. Watching Jason Statham jog down the street in a hospital gown is just too damned funny for words. (That scene in particular reminds me of my current job-the urgency, the pace, the nonsence and the insanity of the situation-you've just gotta roll with it and pray there's help on the other end of the line). Dwight Yoakum was a surprise and an interesting choice. Good flick!






"DaVinci Code" fabulous cast, interesting story yet the film didn't work for me and I'm not sure why. I adore Jean Reno, Hanks generally makes interesting choices and Audrey Tautou is a delightful actress...so why didn't it work? Hell Ron Howard directed the thing and he usually delivers. Don't know what the deal was but it was not my cup of tea baby.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sheri said...

I would watch The Village simply to see Joaqin for 90 mins. The movie was dismal, the plot ridiculous. But who notices when I get to look at his lushious green eyes??

Sun Feb 11, 11:31:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I loved 'The Village' and have yet to see 'Lady In The Water.'

Mon Feb 12, 01:22:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Bea said...

LOL Sher! I agree with the eye assesment lol!



Oh Captain-you must see "Lady"-it's a great deal of fun. It's a comfort to know I'm not the only person on the planet who enjoyed The Village lol

Mon Feb 12, 08:10:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Artist In Transition said...

I am just waiting for M. Night's fifteen minutes to be up.

Didn't think Da Vinci Code was anything to write home about either.

Thu Feb 15, 03:21:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Sara said...

I liked DaVinci Code, simply because I had read the book and I knew what to expect. It was fun to see some of the characters come to life and see some of my favourite scenes played out.

I'm also not a fan of Mr. Night but alas, he has a fan base and continues to crank out movies. Perhaps one day I'll like one of them, but for now, I wait.

I agree with you Bea, Crank was interesting. LOL Matt and I were watching it and at one point I just looked at Matt and laughed my head off. It was so ridiculous and yet at the same time made complete sense given Jason's situation in the movie lol. I don't think I would watch it again but I didn't feel cheated out of my rental lol.

What's one movie I've watched lately that really got me excited? Pan's Labyrinth. I absolutely loved this movie. The images are beautiful, the cast is great, and the story is fantastic. I fear that a lot of people in my hickville city missed out on this one because they had to read through the whole movie *gasp*...those dastardly subtitles! It sucks to be them. But I highly recommend watching this one. I can't wait for it to come out for sale.

And for a touch of silliness and my love of creepy movies Matt and I are going to go see The Messengers soon. LOL I need a little dose of cheesie horror to make me feel better about the world. Besides, ghosts in movies fascinate me and yet at the same time creep me out lol. Perhaps it's because I can see them too??? *winks at Bea and grins* "I see dead people...."

Wed Feb 21, 09:43:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Bea said...

LMAO SARA!!! You see dead people and I see stupid people lol!!!!!

Sun Feb 25, 07:41:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Sara said...

My favourite ever t-shirt quote..."Stupidity should be painful"

Ain't it the truth lol.

Mon Feb 26, 11:24:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home