Thursday, April 07, 2005

Recently I've been doing a lot of walking. It gets me out of the house and stops me from thinking too much. Today was a lovely day and after doing my breakfast dishes I headed out to enjoy the sunshine. I walk slowly, hey life is not a race-it's a journey-which means I refuse to walk at warp speed because I am horribly out of shape and have no desire to have a thrombo on the streets of Baltimore. It's nice walking around the neighborhood in spring, I get so many ideas for landscaping and window treatments. Anyhow...lol...I was doing my usual route when a sudden attack of shin splints stopped me in my tracks. I mean it felt like everything below the knees was on fire! Picked the wrong day to not do that all important stretching. I stopped, silently praying that the cramps would soon pass. I noticed a woman walking down the street toward me, she was smiling. Hey it's a beautiful day-who wouldn't smile? She walked up to me and said, "For the past several weeks I've been watching you walk. I live just over there and I wanted you to know that you've inspired me. I've seen you walking in rain and on days like today. I admire your perserverance and determination, you Go girl!" I giggled and thanked her. Amazingly my leg pain vanished and there was a spring in my step as I continued home. I found it interesting that a total stranger could be so kind and supportive. It made me feel rather tingly inside. I don't know that woman or where she lives but the kindness she's shown me I won't soon forget. I've been thinking all along that support comes from friends and loved ones. Today I learned that complete strangers are wonderful too.
Give us this day, our daily legs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home