Saturday, January 28, 2006

7 Songs

I got tagged by LD for a listing of seven songs that I've been perpetually playing in my iTunes lately. This is not Bea's Grand Song Listing of all Time-just a sample.

SEVEN SONGS:List seven songs you are into right now; no matter the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're any good. They must be songs you're really enjoying this week. When you're done, tag seven people to see what they're listening to

Here they are:

1. Kodachrome-Paul Simon-"...Kodachrome, give us the nice bright colors, makes you think all the world's in a sunny day..." gotta love his lyrics. This song never fails to cheer me up.

2. Thunderstruck-AC/DC-a girl's gotta have a little bit of metal in her diet

3. Devil In Disguise-Elvis-he was after all The King

4. Dragostea Din Tea-O-Zone-a song making its way 'round the internet accompanied by a hilarious video. I'm not sure where the group is from but it give it a 10 in Bea's Wicked Dance Groove section. I've also heard it refered to as "Numa Numa".

5. Sunday Kind of Love-Etta James-Oh if I had the power to create reality from song! This is my greatest wish.

6. Jump In the Line-Harry Belafonte-OH MY GOD!!!! This song was featured in Beetlejuice (sp?) and you've gotta groove with the horns and percussion "shake, shake shake, Senora, shake your body line...work work Senora, work it all the time...jump in de line, rock your body in time...OK I believe you!!!! Somebody help me!!!!" (I'm chair dancing while typing this-workin' my wicked groove)

7. The Ghost of Sex and You-Mike & The Mechanics-off the album Beggar on a Beach of Gold...don't feel comfortable going into details in public forum.

I tag Miss Sheri, Miss Sara, and Trueborn. I can't tag anybody else.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

LOL thank Bea....could you have asked me a more complicated question??? lol But I'll give it my best shot (I'm going by the songs I most frequently look for on our MP3 player hehe):

1) Better Together - Jack Johnson
2) Jeb Rand - Bedouin Soundclash
3) Goin' Up The Country - Canned Heat
4) Bitter Green - Gordon Lightfoot
5) Follow Me - Breaking Benjamin
6) Sway - Michael Buble
7) Fortunate Son - CCR

Wow...that was hard...there are so many lol. Do you realize how tempted I was to put Neutron Dance by the Pointer Sisters???

Sara

Sat Jan 28, 04:40:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bea,

Good God Woman! Why do you make me think? LOL

Okay here goes.

1) If It Makes You Happy - Sheryl Crow
2) This Kiss - Faith Hill
3) Emotional Rescue - The Rolling Stones
4) Leather & Lace - Stevie Nicks & Don Henley
5) Hurt - Johnny Cash
6) She's Got You - Patsy Cline
7) No Rain - Blind Melon

I am in one weird mood musically.

Sheri

Sat Jan 28, 07:58:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Bea said...

LOL Thanks girls for responding, it's always cool to know what your friends are listening to.

Sun Jan 29, 04:10:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home