Sunday, February 12, 2006

Hazy Shade of Winter

Yep, I'm here with Paul and Art, drinking my vodka and lime thinking it will take an act of God to free the Beetle. I cleared the snow from my trusty steed; made sure there was no damage and tried to shovel 3 feet (94 centemeters) of snow that has been piled behind my car with an ice scraper. Not one of my most brilliant moments and I stopped, realizing the futility of my actions. These are the times when I wish that I was a guy built to bench press a Volvo and take on an any pro wrestler within a 5 mile radius. Back to reality, I am a woman and have to accept the fact that I designed for something else. Ain't no way this bumbling Bea is getting to work tomorrow unless an army of garden gnomes mysteriously appears bearing a truly awesome amount of snow removal gadgets. Somehow I don't see that happening, do you?

Moving on...

Earlier, the property management folks brought chain saws and wielded implements of destruction, removing the three fallen trunks. Thankfully there was no damage to any vehicle.

Maybe I'll give the snow removal another go, this time with a 9 inch skillet. Where there's a will, there's a way.

6 Comments:

Blogger Artist In Transition said...

You could use your brand new sled and led to work ;)

Sun Feb 12, 07:24:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

94 centimeters of snow? God Gawd woman! That is too much even for us Canadians. We've been getting little flurries here and there. Just enough to make the roads annoying and slippery.

I hope that you're okay hon and I completely apologize for laughing at your expense earlier. (some friend!)

I think you should enjoy your day off work.

Luf ya dearly.

Sheri

Sun Feb 12, 09:21:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Bea said...

LOL Thanks LD, I'll just sled to work or maybe cross country ski?? LOL Uh-Yeah like that wouldn't be a sight for sore eyes eh???

Awww Sheri, you don't need to apologize for laughing, it was damned funny!!! I giggle about it now. Yeah, I'm going to walk to K Mart and see if I can get a snow shovel or maybe I can borrow one from the property managers? Who knows. I had to laugh, Columbia aka Granola-ville made CNN's web page for getting record snowfall. I hope this storm isn't heading your way.

Sun Feb 12, 09:55:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Sara said...

Speak for yourself, Sheri lol. Northern Ontario's been getting slammed lol. We have a good 4 almost 5 feet on the ground, and we've gotten the majority of it in the last 2 weeks. The snow in our yard is up to the bottom of our bedroom window. It's depressing actually lol. Thank god winter's almost over! 2 months to go hehe.

Sun Feb 12, 10:07:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Sara. It snows in Northern Ontario in June! :oP

Down south, it's been the warmest January on the books (thankfully) Of course this is all going to come back and bit me on the ass when we get dumped on in March, like a 1000 centimeters. Just wait and see! Jokes on me!

;o)

Sun Feb 12, 10:26:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Sara said...

lol I will have you know it does not snow in June....if it did I think I'd have to kill someone. We had a very warm January as well, highs of 8 degrees some days....but february has just been nasty. I'm not looking foward to March that's for sure.

Mon Feb 13, 07:47:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home