Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Be Careful What You Wish For....

OK PGH *ding-ding* Meme-Round 2

I was gonna save this until after I got back from vacation...lol...but I just couldn't resist.



1. If you could only repent for one thing when you die, what would you choose?
That I lacked courage

2. What are 3 things in your life that you feel you honestly deserve?
To be loved and appreciated for the woman that I am
Some degree of happiness; for without sadness there can’t be joy
A puppy

3. When was the last time you had to search most deeply for your inner strength?
My Mother’s funeral, it was the most brutal thing I’ve ever experienced to date.

4. How many simple things have you learned to appreciate more for one reason or another?

forgive others and ourselves-hey we all make mistakes-admit them, make a concerted effort not to do it again and move on

perfection in the moment-for years I operated under the assumption that things had to be “perfect” as time goes on I’ve realized that every moment in life is like a giant Leggo set; everything perfectly stacks-no need to worry about it being perfect-it already is

honesty-I respect someone more for being brutally honest (not malicious-there’s a huge difference) with me. Why? Because it takes a lot of integrity and strength to be honest.

5. What truth about yourself do you wish wasn’t so?
I wish that I wasn’t so hard on myself. I am truly my own worst enemy.

6. What is the biggest age difference you can tolerate between you and your partner?
Good Lord! In the past I tolerated a 20 year gap. I am not so sure I could go through that again, the whole death thing kinda devistated me for a while. It would depend upon the person. I generally try to keep relationships within a 5 year radius of my own age.

7. What is the most expensive thing in your clothing closet?
A vaccum cleaner-lol-no...um I own a very lovely green satin lingerie set that was terribly expensive-but it feels sooooo good wearing it lol

8.What is the fondest memory you have of your mother?
Christmas, she always made that holiday so very special.

9. What was the job you had before your current position?
Prior to being the Office Goddess that I am now I worked as a stage technician. Sadly there are very few people who really know what I did and as the name indicates, it’s too technical to get into. The closest approximation would be if you know what a Roadie does, not really the equivilent but similar.

10. Have you ever been sexually harassed at work? If so, what happened?
Um, yes. In my current position a rather sleazoid codger came up to me last summer and said, “Gee is it cold in here or are you just happy to see me?” while staring at my half rack. I looked up, rather grossed out and said, “No what you’re staring at is the lace pattern of my bra and I really don’t appreciate that comment.”
He’s in the process of being squeezed out by my office homeys who witnessed the comment. My boyz got my back. I thought Miguel and Chowda were gonna lay him out. I was mortified.


11. List 8 of your pet peeves

1. people who don’t wear some form of deodorant-please, please, please wear it

2. people who chew with their mouths open-I really don’t need to see half masticated food-really I will sleep better without those visions

3. people who don’t use turn signals-they’re in the automobile for a reason-lets use them and not cause an accident

4. women who wear entirely too much perfume-if I can taste it in my mouth after you walk by that’s too damned much-lay off the smelly stuff OK?

5. teases-both male and female-it’s cheesy, rude and grates on my last friggin’ nerve-not to be confused with flirty-there’s a difference- flirting is fun, there is reciprocation-being a tease stems from elevated levels of narcissism

6. not replacing the empty roll of toilet paper-drives me friggin’ batty

7. bad breath-ACK! here’s a Tic Tac-brush your teeth and tongue-kills the germs and makes breathing better for us all in the elevator

8. people who talk down to me-yes I have dippy moments, true I am not a rocket scientist but that doesn’t mean I’m stupid


12. What is one of your biggest fears and how might you overcome it?

My biggest fear is that I will never fall in love again. Irrational and highly illogical-jebus I sound like friggin’ Spok- but that’s what fears are. I don’t know if I will ever feel that kind of comfort again; where it’s OK to be myself-no matter what I do. Not a license to be a brat or unfeeling but that sense of acceptance is the best way I can describe it.



By the Power of Grayskull I tag PGH, SB and Rowan-I think you're the only ones who answered the original call lol If you don't want to participate I understand, these questions are a bit tougher than the first round however PGH you're not off the hook mister, so knuckle down and hit that keyboard!

4 Comments:

Blogger Bea said...

thanks Rowan lol a great read, sorry about the insomnia. I don't think you could screw up your daughter, you care too much to do that.

Thu May 25, 07:08:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Bea said...

PGH-I did not know they made satin boxers! Gee ya learn something new every day. So I guess you're one of those tree-hugging-spotted-owl-kissing-pinko-liberals then aren't you?










LMAO just kidding dude! I'm a pinko-liberal myself and dislike Hummers in the worst way.



Rowan, my sister-on-scotch!! I've had The Blue Label and I agree it's mighty tasty. There's a really nice blended Irish whiskey called Bushmill's that you might like too. I'd ship you a bottle but I don't think it would work.

Thu May 25, 12:51:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Bea said...

Rowan I was just re-reading your stuff lmao the chick who wear the short skirts/shirts-oh I am so with you on that pet peeve!

PGH-LMAO-um feet-your apartment now smells like feet??? Where did you get this Febreeze? And look at you gettin' all kinds of mysterious about your chosen profession. Hmmm maybe I'll have a contest to see who can guess what you do for a living. lol

Thu May 25, 01:12:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Bea said...

lol greeaaattt PGH, you have Dust Rhinos and old Febreeze lol Are you sure it wasn't something stinky in the trash?

Hmmm does this mean that if you tell somebody what you do, you have to kill them? Oh wait, No, you're a spy aren't you, a G Man in disguise catching criminals...I could see you doing that.

Thu May 25, 03:48:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home