Thursday, March 15, 2007

Bye Bye Richmond

Tomorrow my stay in lovely Richmond VA will end and I will return to Granola-ville in all of its politically correct crunchy goodness. Tonight's restaurant review-The Cracker Barrel-never having been to one I thought I should experience it once before I died. I now know why it is a favorite of the geriatric set- the food lacks flavour, presentation and it's cooked to death. I ordered the roast beef and got what I refer to as Yankee Pot Roast. There was a bright spot in the evening-the southern fried menu offered no sugar added apple pie with no sugar added vanilla ice cream. It's amazing what a little comfort food will do to brighten one's day. I felt almost normal after nibbling on the pie a la mode.

Can't wait to see my little-lump-a-sugar (Tuna-Breath-Jack) and sleep in my own space. Travelling is cool, interesting to see how others live, experience cultural differences etc. but I'm homesick and would really like to see a familiar happy face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home