Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Random Thoughts

I had dinner with Arthur again tonight however I refrained from consuming my fav (Kendall Jackson Cab) and chose instead a generic Woodbridge chardonnay. Tried to eat the worst grilled chicken salad known to human-kind but couldn't do it. Ate a dinner roll instead. There was no charming 3 year old to flirt with and I have sworn off menfolk for the rest of my life so I sat there and pondered in silence. Today was the last day of employment for a co-worker and even though I was out of the office I ordered lunch for her-why? Because I am a kind, thoughtful and generous soul. I was rather insulted that she didn't want me to buy her lunch, she felt like she was taking advantage of my generosity. I explained that there is no price tag on a good memory and that was my intention. To create a good memory out of a bad experience for her. So I spent some cash and wasn't in the office to partake of the goodies-sometimes that's not what life is about, sometimes there is more. I silently asked Arthur if he was in agreement with me, no response from the 8 foot mural-just like a wall painting-not a word! Yes I know I'm generous to a fault but in all honesty (and that's what this blog is about-being myself) is $26 really going to matter in the grand scheme of things-I mean it's not like I'm going out and spending buckets of ducats on bling and other fanciful stuff. Is there really a price tag on making someone happy? Rephrase that-lets go within reason-is there a price tag for making someone feel special? (Ruling out the secret wish for a Porche, 1 carat emerald cut dimaond ring, and a vacation house on the shore)

Moving on...
I'm missing Jack the Wonder Kitten something fierce. There is no replacement for the unconditional love, loud purring and small portable heat that he supplies. I feel like such a panty waist for admitting that a small orange fur ball has become the center of my universe. I actually went to a pet store and bought him gifts. Dorothy was right, there is no place like home and I want to be there now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home