Sunday, August 24, 2008

Death Race

Yes it's true, I have odd taste when it comes to movies. I am the first to admit my quirky likes and dislikes. I liked "Death Race". Taken from the 1970's "Death Race 2000" (starring a very young Sly Stallone and that version was far worse than this re-make) hell, it's an action flick not freakin' Sense and Sensibility. Testosterone is supposed to be hosing down the cinema and lets face it, Jason Statham and Ian McShane are two of my favs. I'm not looking for exquisite plot twists, Oscar worthy performances and phenomenal writing-I want to see beef-cake and shit blow up. This movie did not disappoint but I would suggest seeing a matinee rather than paying full price. It's made for the big screen and rental wouldn't do some of the wide shots justice unless you're heavily into letter box versions. For me, Ian McShane makes the movie..."No one f*&#!'s with my car..." fabulous line delivery...adore the man's voice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home