Monday, July 28, 2008

Monday Random Thoughts


After spending 6 weeks on surgical leave I was excited to return to work. I like what I do, I like helping people...when the hour is darkest, I bring the light (or at least find the batteries for the flashlight). I transform chaos into order and I make it look easy. I'm a damned fine Office Manager but there are days when I feel like the bottom of a bird cage and long to do something different with my life. It would be so nice to not have to pick up someone else's mess, not be responsible, reliable or the solver of great office mysteries (how to fix a jammed copier? someone broke the water spigot on the cooler what do we do? the coffee bill hasn't been paid...life as we know it may end...) Maybe I'm tired? Can burn out be hitting me so soon? I wonder if what I do or who I am makes a difference? Or am I deluding myself into believing that I'm more essential than I really am? Don't get me wrong, I'm not seeking a giant neon "Thank You" sign (God knows in an office full of engineers that is just not possible-not a fun crowd to be in)...I'd just like a billboard telling me, "YES, you're on track! Rock-on with your bad-self girl!"
*sigh*
Moving On....
After you've seen "Dark Knight" go see "Hellboy 2"...Del Toro, his cast, crew and writers deliver a fabulous follow up to the first film. Truly, one of the best films this year; lovely lighting, heart-warming story and wonderful cast.

4 Comments:

Blogger scituate said...

No, go see Hellboy 2 first! Yeah, Dark Knight is good, but I was sort of exhausted by the last half hour. Hellboy 2 was more fun and satisfying.

Mon Jul 28, 11:09:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Bea said...

LMAO I don't know Scituate lol They're both fine films and I'm a huge del Toro fan, so it was a tough decision for me. Thanks for stopping by.

Tue Jul 29, 04:18:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Sheri said...

Bea!!

You look so good! OMG!

I am going to see Batman on Saturday night.

Miss ya.

Sheri

Tue Jul 29, 10:40:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Bea said...

(((Sher))) thanks so much. I'm feelin good these days. Have a great time seeing DK!!! You'll have to tell me what you think.

Wed Jul 30, 06:53:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home