Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I'm baaaaaack...and rambling

AAAhhhhh It's good to be back on line again. My cable modem died last night and I picked up a new one today. I was a bit cranky and I began to wonder what we all did before the internet revolutionized our lives. I remember doing an inordinate amount of reading, (I could devour a 300 pager in one night), talking on the phone for hours with my friends, listening to music (on vinyl-mind you) and watching TV ( back when the Big Three ruled-NBC, CBS and ABC) before HBO, Cinemax, Showtime et al were born. It's amazing how one minor, little thing can affect one's daily routine. I have gotten used to getting home from work, zipping on the Net and catching up on e mails, funny web sites and of course the ongoing progression of my adventures on E Harmony.

Read CS's blog at work today. I hope he is kept out of harm's way.

So my Vonage phone is back up and working and I can communicate with the outside world.

For some strange reason I seem to be on a Lord of the Rings kick. I can't stop listening to the soundtracks (yes I'm one of those geeks who bought the soundtrack to all three films). I think maybe this weekend I'll have a LOTR film fest, pop some corn and watch all three back to back. 'Cause that's just the kind of dweeb that I am lol! If anybody's in the area, let me know. Maybe we can have a slumber party?

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Matt and I have been working our way through the trilogy all week. We aren't able to watch all 3 back to back but we're slowly getting through them! We're down to Return of the King, which is quickly becoming my favourite. My favourite is still Two Towers, but Return of the King is getting up there. Who am I kidding, they're all fabulous in their own way and for their own reasons.

Enjoy your movie fest! I'll be at home watching Most Haunted shows with my mom hehehe. Oh and doing wedding stuff.

Oh that reminds me, I've found a psychic who thinks that I have a dream/visual connection to the spirit world. She's suggested some books I can read to learn to control my ability and learn from it. So much has happened since the last time you and I talked about it. I keep forgetting to mention it!

Sara

Tue Jan 10, 07:45:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Bea said...

Oh Sara! The psychic sounds very cool indeed. lol Thanks for the well wishes for a lovely film fest. My fav has become Return of the King and I usually sob my way through it because I don't want it to end. lol But you are right, all three films are wonderful in their own right.

Wed Jan 11, 05:00:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home