Saturday, February 09, 2008

Because I suck...

OK I've had a shitty week. Everything I touch falls to shit in seconds. 5:05 pm my boss comes out of his office for the first time all day, strolls up to my desk and in broken english says, "Thins are crazy right now. We'll talk more about this monday...you're getting a raise, 2.7 percent." and dashes back into his office. I am left speechless. See I must really suck to warrant such a horrific increase. I mean the cost of living goes up 9% and I get 2.7 %. Hell that won't buy my gas to get to work. I don't know what evil I must have perpetrated in a past life to warrant this? God help me, I've been trying to work it out all night long and cannot figure out what I've done. I've brought my A Game, made it look easy and this is the treatment I receive? I'm a bit perplexed, actually I've consumed much wine to dampen the sting. Am I really that bad? Do I suck THAT bad? Christ I wish someone had told me sooner so I could do something about it. So I'm sittin' here, sippin' some California chardonnay and wondering if I've pissed in God's corn flakes. I really must suck. Not the usual suck, but industrial strength suck...the kind that defies description.

See I try to be flexible, if I would've know how poorly I was doing, I would've made an effort to change. I know I have many flaws but I would've tried. I mean 2.7% is like going out for dinner and leaving a penny for a tip-what's the damned point? It's an insult. I think it's time I find employment elsewhere, because this is just too damned painful for words. I mean-Christ-why the hell didn't someone tell me I sucked so bad? I've worked the late hours, gone in on my days off, stayed when no one else would and still I fuck up. Please tell me, where have I gone wrong?

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheri said...

Bea, you're blaming the wrong person. You not the fuck up in anyway. You've done very well, you always do at your jobs honey.

Your boss is the fuck up and a cheap one at that. He said he would speak to you Monday about it, probably to try and explain why he's trying to cheap you out on the raise. Don't accept anything less than 8% - period. Even though I think you're well worth the 9% or more!

You have given a lot to this company and do not suck, so please don't automatacally think it's you honey.

Love ya,

Sheri

Mon Feb 11, 12:02:00 AM 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home